From September 30 to October 2, 2021, Kazan will host the annual forum of scrap collectors “ZILANT” KAZAN-2021.
The event promotes a direct dialogue between business and government officials, and also provides an opportunity for personal meetings with top officials of metallurgical plants that consume scrap metal and regional traders.
Within the framework of the forum, the 12th conference “Forecast of prices and costs for scrap, ore and exchange metals-2022” is planned, one of the speakers of which will be Viktor Kovshevny, Director of the Association NSRO “RUSLOM.COM”. The presentation will highlight the market volumes and price dynamics in the markets of metallurgical raw materials and rolled metal products in Russia, current trends and forecasts, factors affecting the metal markets, the relationship with the conditions of functioning of adjacent commodity markets will be considered.
In addition, the General Director of the Rusmet Rating Agency, Andrey Zelenin, and the Development Director of the Rusmet Rating Agency, Mikhail Gagarin, will speak at the conference with a report on the topic: “Price indices and ratings as tools to reduce antitrust, tax and commercial risks in the implementation of activities in the markets of metallurgical raw materials. Recommendations on how to avoid claims by the authorities regarding the establishment of non-market prices, including monopoly low or monopoly high prices, violation of the pricing procedure”.
Also on October 1, at ZILANT KAZAN-2021, it is planned to hold a seminar for licensing authorities and legal services on the topic: “New aspects of control and supervision activities and licensing in the scrap market, amendments to the regulatory framework. Delimitation of control and supervisory functions”.
The speakers and experts of the seminar will be specialists from the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russia, the All-Russian public organization “Business Russia” and the Association NSRO “RUSLOM.COM”, which will consider the following issues:
- Adoption of the Federal Law of July 31, 2020 No. 248-FZ “On State Control (Supervision) and Municipal Control in the Russian Federation.” Draft bylaws, agreements by self-regulatory organizations;
- New in the legislation on licensing activities in the field of handling scrap and waste of ferrous and non-ferrous metals;
- The need to harmonize the permitted use and regulatory legal acts governing the handling of production and consumption waste and scrap of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Positions of specialized departments, proposals of industry experts;
- Dismantling and / or handling hazardous waste. Risks of working with scrap of ferrous and non-ferrous metals outside the licensed site (including cutting of ships, wagons, metal structures, etc.);
- Activities related to the handling of ferrous and non-ferrous scrap, problems of legal interpretation.
Other events of the forum will be: a session dedicated to new technologies and tools to improve the efficiency of work in the scrap market, as well as an extraordinary general meeting of members of the Association NSRO “RUSLOM.COM”.
The organizer of the forum is Taurus Motors LLC. Partners: PALFINGER, Association NSRO RUSLOM.COM and Intermettrade Group of Companies.